Sunday, November 16, 2008

tiffany

I always thought she cared more about me than my other aunts did. Everyone says she's the nurturer of the family, so I guess that at the time, it made sense for her to treat me like I was her own.

He didn't support her or their two daughters in any way. He would never be around to take care of them and he wasn't holding any sort of stable job. My family encouraged Tiffany to leave him. But she never did. She never could.

We were driving in the car, just me and her. She says, "Never love someone you fight with. Things will only get worse when you get married." My mom told me the same thing, but more threateningly. She said that she was starting to see Tiffany in me. She said that I can't let my emotions or love get in the way of seeing clearly.

No comments: